Filtering by Category: Fashion
Like most of my neighborhood right now, I've been completely enwrapped in the new season of Mad Men. The 2 hour premiere had me benched in its iconic riveting drama (I'm usually too ADD to sit through a full-feature film of 90 minutes or more!), and this weeks episode, To Have and to Hold, left me entrapped in their mid-century modern world - thinking about their lifestyles and relationships in a way one usually only thinks about themselves... Aside from obsessing over the time-period pieces of furniture and fashion, I've been thinking lots about the contrast in the roles of the sexes, racism, and even politics. TV has gotten seriously thought provoking, ladies. And I'm loving it.
Anyways! While the world was waiting anxiously for the premiere of Season 6, heaps of graphic artists and designers produced pieces inspired by the Mad Men time warp. This collection from Shutterstock made me look: Mod Men, The World of Man Men Through a 21st-Century Lens:
I'm so weirdly vulnerable to Fab. And while I'm not one to casually cave to impulse online ordering, at Fab it all just seems so available, so tempting, so irresistible! But alas, I'm resisting. Even so, here's what my Fab wishlist looks like, since this is the gifting season after all, and I'm sure lots of you are on the market for just the right gift for him, her, or someone else:
1. Material Mash-up Hamper: I don't even need a laundry basket, but this design concept of contrasting matter is just so wickedly cool!
2. Guns n' Roses: I think I've been wanting this ceramic guns vase ever since my love affair with "Sweet Child O' Mine".
3. Nautical Knotted Bracelet: Dip-dyed perfection.
4. Comical Carryall: I first spotted this insanely awesome pop-cult-object on a random LA woman in an Apple store, and I have not been able to forget about it.
5. Retro Can: Need one of these for a cleaner, sleeker, and more discreet diaper disposal system than our open bathroom trash bin.
6. Reading Lamp: Solves a lot of problems. :)
7. Toilet Paper Strand: Would love to quirk-up my bathroom with this dud.
8. Space-age Space Heater: Our exorbitant electric bill for central heat is the only justification for this price tag. Plus, Dyson. Freaking. Rocks.
9. Bright Immersion Blender: I love the one I have, but would love to whip up some dairy blends. Cream of broccoli bisque, anyone?
10. Lovely Tea Time: Sunday brunch never looked this good. Love the cool colors mixed with the gold.
11. Wooden Gem Studs: Cutest, cleanest, greenest diamond earrings!
12. Arrow Marquee: Just what I need to brighten up the hallway (and point out the loo!).
P.S. If you're not yet a Fab member (gasp!), get signed on up here.
While this past weekend heralded the start of the crispest season, here in LA it's been feeling like smack-dab-middle of Summer!! So while I crave a curb in the heat, I thought I'd share some links I've been loving (especially since I've been too
busy lazy to properly post about them!):
- Cutest "Jonah and the Whale" craft ever! Just swap the sailboat for a little man!
- Gilded booties for fall! Link anyone?
- Freida and I have plans to make this honey cake together this evening after bathtime. (It became a bit of a tradition for her to stay up late and bake honey cake with me the day before Yom Kippur).
- This family's camping trip took my breathe away! Looks incredibly delicious (especially the picture of those yummy little children peeking out of the tent all bed-headed)!!
- Cuddly Kaporos. :)
- Was kind of disappointed MadMen didn't bring home an Emmy last night... Isn't Don Draper a tzaddik??
- Cookie Monster has had our house rocking to Share It Maybe!!
That's all for now. :)
I feel like we've been seeing shots of these neon satchels everywhere! (Pinterest, anyone?) Using one of these brightly hued totes can work as a dose of color to upgrade any classic ensemble, to bring some daytime to a nighttime look, or to easily anchor a punk-rock getup.